Friday, May 1, 2015

Silenced by Dani Pettrey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary
Romantic Suspense's Rising Star Returns with an Electric New Thriller

A relaxing day of rock climbing takes a disturbing turn when Kayden McKenna's route leads her face to face with a dead climber. Is it a terrible accident or something sinister? When the case is handed to the overburdened sheriff, he turns to Jake Westin. With Jake's past now revealed, he's ready to use his talent for investigation again--but he could never prepare for where the case will take him.

Kayden and Jake soon realize that the death was no accident. And worse, it seems the killer is on to them. When strange things begin happening in Yancey, Jake is terrified that once again his world may put someone he loves in danger. But the truth is far worse than he could ever imagine.

My Review
I'm going to try to keep this short in order to avoid spoiling any of Dani Pettrey's genius!

I love the entire Alaskan Courage series! I've read the other four so this is the last one for me, and I don't think I've ever been so extremely curious to read a characters story as I was to read Kayden and Jake's, and Silenced did not disappoint!

What I love most about this book and this series is the faith messages and the family dynamics. It is so beautiful to watch these characters grow, and trust in the Savior. I love how Dani Pettrey uses multiple perspectives so we get to see into previous and future main characters as well.

The mystery was very intriguing, and intense - it takes a lot to scare strong Kayden so I had a feeling it would be. I loved seeing inside Kayden's hard exterior into her inner emotions, and Jake's past...I was so curious! I can't say anymore, just go read it!

Plus readers get to experience more of Alaska through Kayden and Reef's rock climbing!

I can tell that there is plenty of action, romance, faith, family, Alaskan adventure, and more! I promise you won't regret reading Silenced, but I do recommend you read books 1-3 first though you obviously don't HAVE to read them in order - I didn't (kind of my Library's fault because they weren't available in order).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!